About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Intergroom 2014 Creative Grooming

Finally finished getting the creative grooming pictures together.

Unfortunately, I did not get every groomers name, sorry.

At Intergroom the groomers go into the ring with the dogs 80 to 90% complete and then they have an hour to do all of the finishing touches before being judged.





I didn't get the name of the groomer who groomed this little dog.
This creative groom was an Ocean theme.
This dog was very hard to get a good picture of because of the set-up the groomer had around her table.









Kayla Spears did this creative groom as a tribute to a friend.
This was her first time competing in a creative grooming contest.
Her theme was a rock&roll theme.
Kayla played the guitar and sang for her presentation.








Angela Kumpe did this amazing creative groom of 'Popeye the Sailor Man'.



First side.


Second side.





This 'Nintendo' themed poodle was groomed by Brynn Haynes.
I have to say, this one was one of my favorites.
The groomer sitting next to me was very upset that this dog did not place.


First side.

Second side.







Adriane Pope took 3rd Place with this 'Peter Pan' themed poodle.



First side.


Second side.






Cat Opson took 2nd Place with this 'Ocean' themed poodle.


First side.


Second side.



And the 1st Place winner was........




Cindy Oliver with the 'Western' themed poodle.
Her scissor work is always so sharp and clean.
This creative groom was a crowd favorite.


First side.


Second side.

2 comments:

  1. I have very mixed feelings about creative grooming. The groomers are very good at what they do and I am impressed. But I cant help to think of the dogs. I am sure they are loved and cared for in the best possible way but do the dogs get to go out in the woods on long valks just doing dogstuff? And how many hours do they have to spend on the groomingtable? And is it nessesary with all the colour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES Sofia!
      The dogs are happy dogs. The colored hair does not stop them from running, playing, or going for walks. The only times the dogs need to stay still is the time on the table to get groomed. The grooming is done in short sessions over time. Many of the dogs lay down and fall asleep on the grooming table while being colored. These dogs are so used to being groomed and pampered that many of them will willingly jump up onto the grooming table. Even after a competition, once the dogs are done and the contest is over, the dogs get off the table and dance around, play, and eat up all of the attention that they get. I know that with my own Poodle, she just loved everyone coming up to her and petting her and making a fuss over her.
      It is just hair cut into shapes and colored. Groomers are not allowed to put anything on the dog that will stop it from being able to be a dog, or move around freely. As for 'is all the color necessary?' It depends on what the groomer is trying to create. As I said before, it is just colored hair. The dogs do not know that they are different colors, they just know that they are getting a lot of attention. :)
      My own personal issue with all of the color is more about simplicity. The creative grooming is getting more and more extreme, because each groomer is trying to out do their last groom. I am a simple person. I personally think less is more. A little color and beautiful scissor work is beautiful to me. I like simple color and elegant. :)
      Please be assured that these dogs are VERY loved and taken care of.
      Lisa, MFF

      Delete