About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday Makeover #12 Poodle Mix

This makeover is on a Poodle mix whose coat was left to grow over the winter.









The coat was in bad condition.

The matting was close to the skin.










The cheeks and ears were also very matted.









I was out of the Best Shot shampoo that I like to use for matted dogs, so I made a mixture of OatMella, Bright White, and The Stuff.

I did use Best Shot Ultra Max Conditioner on his coat.










I HV dried the mats away from her skin.








The mats were still tight, but I had been able to blow them far enough away from the skin to use a longer blade.








 I was able to get a #4F safely through most of the coat.




  I clipped the belly out with a #15 blade and used a #7F blade to skim off the rest of the matting that I was not able to get off with the #4F blade.

I did not use full pressure with the #7F blade if I did not have to.

Then I went over the body and legs with my scissors to even everything out.





 I had to use a #5F blade to cut out the large mats on the cheeks.

I lifted what good hair that I could up away from the mat before clipping it off.

That way I still had enough hair to scissor a round face.






 ✂ Happy Grooming, MFF

2 comments:

  1. awesome makeover!
    did you ever enter any pictures to the "rags to riches" grooming contest winner gets 3000. dollars and a bunch of shampoos and supplies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelley,
      No I haven't ever entered.
      Lisa, MFF

      Delete