About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Birthday Wish

I have been very busy the last few days.
It has been a very busy Birthday weekend.

Twenty-one years ago I was in the hospital giving birth to my first child.
I groomed up to the day before I had her.

I worried and worried about how I would keep my business going with a baby.
I had one groomer and one bather working for me while I was pregnant.
I hired another groomer a month before my daughter was due.
I had only had my business for 4 years.
We were very busy.

I actually managed to stay out for 6 weeks before going back to work.
Of course I was called to work for several emergency's that turned out to be nothing.
I think that they just wanted to be sure I would come running if needed.  :/

Just about all of my customers were great about having other groomers groom their dogs while I was gone.
Of course I still got the comments that they were glad I was back because; "the other groomer did a good job, but it wasn't like you groom him/her."

I didn't let my groomers hear those comments.
They did a really great job while I was out.
I was very lucky.  :)

As I said, that was 21 years ago.

Where has the time gone?

I am 21 years older. :(

Oh well, I wouldn't change anything for the world.

My daughter has grown into a beautiful woman, and a wonderful groomer.
She has grown to love and respect animals.

I thank grooming for allowing me to have my daughter grow up next to me while I worked.
She was there everyday.
She liked playing receptionist.
She liked helping to bathe the dogs.
She liked helping brush the dogs.
She liked playing with the shop cat. :)
 
All of the long, hard days were worth it.




Happy Birthday Jess.
We LOVE you!!!!

Happy grooming, MFF

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Today is my 21st birthday! Jess is only one day older than me! And the owner of the salon I work at went into labor today. They were supposed to induce her next week Because Of all her complications. So today makes her 6 weeks early like her first baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAM! I hope that you had a great day.
    Lisa, MFF

    ReplyDelete