About Me:

I am a professional Pet Groomer. I have been grooming for 28 years. This Blog is a kind of diary of my work. I wish I had started years ago, writing some of the experiences I have had while grooming. Most days are fun, some can be sad, some can be just down right crazy. If you are a pet owner and come across this blog, I hope it helps you understand how your pet is groomed. If you are a Pet Groomer, I hope you can relate to some of the stories. Maybe even learn a grooming tip or can leave a friendly grooming tip for me. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you have been grooming.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday's Tip New Tool Helper

I behaved myself at Hershey and did not spend too much this year.

Okay, okay, I didn't behave myself really.
The reason I didn't spend much is because I didn't have it to spend.
So I only picked up things that I really needed.

I did buy two things that were not on my list to get.
Tonight's blog is about one of the unexpected purchases.


 I know...you're saying; 'what the heck is that?'

I said the same thing when I saw it at Frank Rowe's booth.
I'll give you a hint.
It was wrapped around a hand dryer.

Did you guess?
It took me a minute, but then I realized that it was somehow meant to hold the dryer up while you used it.
My daughter and I picked it up and determined that it was somehow supposed to go around your neck or on your shoulder to hold the dryer for you.


 We blow dry our dogs to about 90-99% dry with the HV, but then we fluff dry all of them with a small hand dryer.

Why the a small hand dryer when there are stand dryers available?

Because I HATE stand dryers!
Yes, I said it..I hate them!

Why?

~They take up too much room.
~I was always tripping over the darn dryer feet.
~The stupid arm had a mind of it's own. (it hated me, it really did)
~The darn arm would fly back, or up, or fall down no matter how often I tightened it.
(No, it was not just one stand dryer. It was every darn one I used.)
~With some of the dryers, I would also burn my hand on that dag gone arm.
~ It was also a pain moving them around to where I wanted the air to blow.
~The dryer feet always got caught up on the table leg.

Did I mention that those darn dryers hated me too?

still have two.
Yes, I still have two of those monsters.
They are in my closet.
They have been collecting dust for 12 years.

You read right, I said 12 years.
I wanted to sell them, but my husband who likes to keep everything, talked me into keeping them just in case I decided to use them again.

Not!

Anyway, my daughter and I walked away from the funny looking dryer holder helper thingy.
Later in the day we were passing the Sue Zecco & Jay Scruggs Super Styling Sessions booth, and guess what we saw.
Jay Scruggs using the funny looking dryer holder helper thingy in one of his videos.

I looked at my daughter and said, "look it does really hold the dryer for you."






So I broke down and got one.
Just one.
For my daughter and I to share, because I could not bring myself to spend 50 bucks for two of them.  :)

You can twist the wire around the dryer any way you want.










It goes around the back of your neck and hangs in front of you.








Leaving both of your hands free to hold and brush the dog.







You move your body around to direct the air flow.









You can also bend the wire up and down as needed.






I used it all day.

It took a little getting used to, but I like it.

My hand dryer is so light weight that it did not bother my neck at all.








 Below is a very short video of me using the dryer holder helper thingy.  :))





This could be a big help to someone who works alone.
And...maybe even another groomer who also hates stand dryers. 

Happy Grooming, MFF

1 comment:

  1. So glad I came across your blog! Love reading all the tips and stories. I was wondering if you happened to know what this is called? I've searched for it but can't seem to find it!

    ReplyDelete